Monday, August 2, 2010

A sweet shop for miniaturists



Walking through Great Russell Road in London recently towards the British Museum we came
across L. Cornelissen and Son established in 1855. Looking in the window was like stepping back a hundred years with a large array of pigments, gums and resins in small dishes. They have a huge range of rare and early colours and just about anything a miniature artist would require, except of course ivory.

Their web site is http://www.cornelissen.com

2 comments:

  1. I've recently found out that I am descended from Louis Dieudonne Jules Cornelissen, being the husband of my 2nd great great aunt! I'm pretty pleased I can trace my ancestry to this point in time!

    Regards,
    Jason Brownhill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful discovery! It is extraordinary that this business has been trading for so long and has still retained its 'traditional' look.

    ReplyDelete